Calling all Lutz artists...
It's been 500 years since Spanish conquistador Juan Ponce de Leon stumbled onto the eastern shores of Florida in search of the Fountain of Youth.
To celebrate Viva Florida 500, Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Libraries is inviting Florida artists to apply to have their artwork displayed in a library community room for ongoing exhibits throughout the year.
Works with local flavor and those of general appeal are considered good candidates for the display.
Interested artists should:
- Include a cover letter including brief biographical information, a list of recent exhibitions or shows, and other interesting information about the artist or artwork.
- Submit at least three, but not more than five, examples of the kind and style of artwork they intend to exhibit.
- Submit materials by mail with digital images on a CD to: John F. Germany Public Library, Attn: Stacey Jurewicz, 900 N. Ashley Dr., Tampa FL 33602, or via email to: email@example.com.
- Note exact size of artwork in the submission.
- Submit applications between Jan. 15 and March 31.
- The artwork will be displayed at specific branch libraries for a period of two months with no fee to the artist.
- The artist must bring artwork ready to hang on designated wall space at a mutually agreed upon date and time.
- An art reception will be held during the exhibition and the artist may present a brief summary about their artwork.
- Control over the exhibition, its publicity (including exhibit photos), placement of artwork and exhibition duration rests entirely with Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Libraries.
For information, contact Stacey Jurewicz, Library Services, 813-273-3652.