Music lovers looking for something to do Saturday don’t have to travel far from Lutz to take in some live rock ‘n’ roll. Southern Ground Saloon is playing host to the Rockin’ for the Kids charity benefit throughout the day.
The event runs from 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, to about 2 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 20, according to its Facebook page, and features a long lineup of bands. Lynard Skynard’s drummer Artimus Pyle will appear along with Pronounced, according to event information. Other featured acts include the Winters Brothers Band and The Michael Allman Band.
Broken Arrow, Southern Brothers, Waking Giants, Villanova, Josh Layman, Displace, Johnny & The Wranglers, Sara Rose and Nalani Rothrock will also appear.
The event benefits the Children’s Cancer Center.
“While other organizations are committed to finding a cure tomorrow, the Children’s Cancer Center is committed to helping families cope today,” the organization’s website says. “They are dedicated solely to being there for each family through this devastating experience.”
In addition to music, Saturday’s festival includes a silent auction that features rock memorabilia, 50/50 drawings, vendors, food and more.
Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 on the day of the event. Southern Ground Saloon is located at 14802 N. Nebraska Ave. For more details, visit Southern Ground Saloon’s Facebook page.
Rockin' for the Kids features acts on inside and outside stages. Here's a look at the schedule:
The Outside Stage
- 1:30–2:15 p.m. Villanova Junction
- 2:30–3:15 p.m. Nalani Rothrock
- 3:30–4:15 p.m. Southern Brothers
- 4:30–5:15 p.m. Broken Arrow Band
- 4:30–5:15 p.m. Michael Allman Band
- 5:30–6:30 p.m. The Winter Brothers and Legends of Southern Rock
- 6:30–8 p.m. Artimus Pyle with Pronounced
- 8:15–8:45 p.m. Woolly Bushmen
- 9-‐9:45 p.m. Joe Cramer Band
- 10–11 p.m. Jam session
The Inside Stage
- 4:45-‐5:30 p.m. Sara Rose
- 5:45–6:30 p.m. Justin Layman
- 7:30–8:15 p.m. Johnny and the Wranglers
- 11:15 p.m.–midnight MIKE N STU
- Midnight-close Displace