The Courteous Canine Super Splash event is coming March 16 to Courteous Canine Inc.
The Splash Dogs competition and dock-jumping practice will take place at Courteous Canine, 3414 Melissa Country Way, Lutz.
This Splash Dogs event is open to any dog/handler team that wishes to enter. You may do this either online or at the event at least one hour before the event the dog will compete in. Those who preregister will be given priority so preregister to ensure a spot in the splash.
Participants will be required to pay the registration fee (no credit cards--check or cash only), sign a waiver and show papers when they check-in at the event.
The Splash registration fee is $20 and $20 for additional Splashes, payable to Splash Dogs. It costs $10 for open dock practice but, if you decide to compete, your practice fee will apply toward your Splash entry fee.
Registration opens - 9 a.m.
Open practice cock - 9 a.m.
Splash 1 - 10 a.m.
Splash 2 - noon
Splash 3 - 2 p.m.
Finals - 3 p.m.
Dock closes - 4 p.m.
Event and Venue Rules/Information
- This is an outdoor event to be run into a splash pool.
- The dock will be an aluminum dock.
- Training for newcomers and others will be provided.
- This event will be open to all dog/handler teams who wish to enter as space permits.
- Please bring a crate to store your dog or have other means to store your dog.
- Abuse will not be tolerated.
- Absolutely no pushing, shoving or throwing your dog into the pool.
- No choke chains, prong collars or e-collars are permitted on Courteous Canine property.
- Please have your dog's shots up to date, tags or bring current shot and vaccine papers. Please be responsible for the safety of your dog and others.
- You are responsible for picking up after your pet.
- Dog/handler teams may enter only one or as many Splashes as they wish (a separate entry fee must be paid for each Splash)
- Dog/handler teams will be placed in groups of up to 15 teams within each heat.
- Each team will receive two competition jumps.
- One dog/handler on the dock at a time during competition.
- All dogs will have the opportunity to acclimate to the dock area prior to their first official competition jump as time permits.
- Allotted practice time is based on event time constraints.
- The dock will close to all practice jumping 15 minutes prior to the start of each competition Splash so competitors can warm up.
- Ribbons will be distributed for the finals. Ribbons will not be mailed.
- Female dogs in heat will not be allowed to compete or in the competition area.
There is limited recreational vehicles parking available. Please email email@example.com to reserve a space.
There will be a professional photographer and a food vendor on site.
For more information, visit the Courteous Canine website or call 813-949-1465